Saturday, April 9, 2016

Smocked Coat + Fitted blouse

My New Year's resolution to knit from my yarn stash and sew from my fabric stash - exibit A.
I spent the month of February knitting on this baby. I needed a white blouse to pair with it so I spent March fitting and sewing the blouse.
Et voilĂ ...the epic february knit project. My smocked coat from Vogue Knitting magazine Fall 2010. I used Berroco Ultra Alpaca yarn in varigated denim. Details on my Ravelry page.

New Look #6513 fitted blouse, view A (minus the ruffles)
Size 10
Mods: moved apex, omitted the front darts, lowered the neck and adjusted the collar to fit (made it longer) and widened at side seams.
Size 11 sharp needle.
Buttons from my stash.
I used a sew-in interfacing for the collar and a fusible for the button bands. I was disappointed with the fusible...
I wish the back had more ease. Next shirt I want to try a stretchy shirting fabric.

1 comment:

  1. just lovely! when do you start on my wardrobe?

    ReplyDelete