Friday, March 25, 2016

Projects circa 2015


In May... 
I was invited to a work related gala and we, the staff, decided to sew our outfits for the evening. We all showed up for the event wearing red and the big reveal of what each of us made was so much fun!

This was my dress...I picked this Burda pattern because I love anything with no waist... The clever construction used both sides of the fabric. The shinny side for the center panel and collar; the matte side as a contrast.

Fabric: satin from Paquette Textiles.
Pattern: #125 02/2008
Size: 42...no mods just cut straight into the fabric without so much as a paper fitting...love Burda!
The pockets are a bit low for my T-rex arms to reach but it's a party dress so who cares.

BTW...I think this is the first dress I have ever sewn for myself...really??

#125 02/2008 Burdastyle magazine

In March...
I love jackets. And this is my first attempt.

Fabric: Polyester from Paquette Textiles
Pattern: Simplicity 2227
Size: 10
Mods: Moved the apex, shortened and widened the waist. Added shoulder pads.

This was my prototype. I did make a muslin out of denim first but this version is so cute that I do wear it to work. I would love to make this again in cute summer twill fabric or light denim. I do need to tweak the pattern a bit more...I find the back is snug since I gained a few pounds. Ahem. I think I need to adjust the front armscye.

My latest skirt. (I've sewn mostly skirts through the years)

Pattern: Simplicity 6542
Size: 14
Fabric: Woven wool blend, poly woven lining (all from the remnants section) and pleather for the waist detail from Paquette Textiles
Mods:  I moved the darts, rounded the hips, and of course, shortened it. I lined it using my pattern pieces as a guide. Applied an invisible zipper to the right side...I like my zips on the right...is that weird? I blind hemmed the skirt...love to blind hem.

This is it for sewing last year...I sure am happy I have more time now to get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment